The Legacy Society
Do you believe in Lovett? Then we invite you to become a member of The Lovett School Legacy Society.
Q: What is legacy giving?
A: Legacy giving, or planned giving, allows you to "leave a legacy," so you can have an impact on a favorite cause, such as Lovett, beyond your lifetime. It allows you to make larger gifts than might otherwise be possible and it may also allow you to increase your retirement income and receive tax advantages. Some common types of planned gifts include the following:
- Bequests (gifts made through your will or living trust)
- Charitable gift annuities
- Insurance policies
- Gifts of retirement plan assets after your lifetime
- Charitable lead trusts
- Charitable remainder trusts
- Certain real estate gifts
Q. What is The Lovett School Legacy Society?
A. The Lovett School Legacy Society is a group of donors who have included Lovett in their wills or other estate plans. Their gifts provide essential financial support for the school's future.
Q. Why should I become a member of The Lovett School Legacy Society?
A. If you understand just how important your gift could be to the future of our school, then you should join the Lovett Legacy Society. You realize that we will use your gift to effectively embrace Eva Edwards Lovett's founding vision of an education grounded in learning, character, and community.
Q. What are the benefits of my membership?
A. To recognize your generosity in becoming a member of The Lovett School Legacy Society, you will receive
- An invitation to the Founder's Reception (initiation year only).
- A folio with Lovett Legacy Society membership certificate.
- Invitations to periodic special Lovett Legacy Society events.
- A Lovett Legacy Society lapel pin
- A Lovett Legacy Society bumper/window sticker.
- And more!
Membership in the Lovett School Legacy Society is our way of saying thank you to a distinguished group of benefactors. Click here for a list of society members.
For more information, please contact Stewart Lathan at (404) 262-3032 ext. 1211.