Towards A flourishing Future
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2018
8:00 AM–3:15 PM
What can we learn from current brain science
that will help us prepare students to lead us towards a flourishing future?
• Fostering Creativity
• Shifting Mental Models
• Moral Decision-Making
• 7:30 am: Breakfast and Registration,
Hendrix-Chenault Theater Lobby
• 8:00 am: Keynote and Simulation
• 11:10 am: Lunch
• 12:15–2:30 pm: Breakout Workshops
• 2:45 pm: Closing Notes
- Jay Van Bavel is an Associate Professor of Psychology & Neural Science at New York University. He has published award-winning research on how collective concerns—group identities, moral values, and political beliefs—shape the brain and behavior.
- Jaimie P. Cloud is the founder and president of the Cloud Institute for Sustainability Education in New York City. The Cloud Institute is dedicated to the vital role of education in creating awareness, fostering commitment, and guiding actions toward a healthy, secure and sustainable future for ourselves and for future generations.
- Patricio Ramal is a Research and Solutions Consultant and Facilitator with the NeuroLeadership Institute. He has more than 20 years of combined experience in consulting, leadership, and management, and he has taught in top universities in the United States, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.