The Lovett School is committed to creating and maintaining an environment that welcomes and applauds the diversity among its students, faculty, and staff.
In keeping with this vision, the Office of Multicultural Programs and Services is dedicated to presenting rich and vibrant approaches to issues of multiculturalism and inclusivity to the Lovett community. Through classroom instruction, diversity workshops, and unique programs that are conducted by the office, our strengths as a community are enhanced as we grow to appreciate the cultural, religious, and ethnic diversity of our students, faculty, staff, parents, and alumni.
Staffed by a director, who is a member of the school's core administrative team, the Office of Multicultural Programs and Services is charged with ensuring that diversity is integrated throughout the community and the curriculum at Lovett. The Office strives to promote social justice and support a wide range of multicultural curricula and programs. The director:
- Serves as a resource to parents, students, and staff.
- Consults with administration and staff on how best to serve a diverse population.
- Facilitates community dialogue.
- Addresses racial and cultural misperceptions through education.
- Counsels and mentors students.
- Assists in the development of a multicultural curriculum.
- Provides diversity and mediation training for faculty and students.
- Approximately 18 percent of Lovett's students are students of color. Our school is geographically diverse, as well, with students hailing from 10 counties in the Atlanta area.
We at Lovett actively solicit the help of all who are interested in the work of multicultural awareness. Parents, students, alumni, and staff who are interested in contributing may contact the director of multicultural programs and services.
To learn more, download our brochure, or read it below: